
The picture above is with his mom and grandpa when he returned home.
Jared mostly served outside of the city of San Antonio but we did do quite a bit of sightseeing in the city. We went to the Alamo of course and where I learned a lot and have a new respect for the men that gave their lives there. The picture below is a plaque that talks about Lt. Col. William Barret Travis drawing a line in the dirt with his sword and stated to his men, "Those prepared to give their lives in freedom's cause, come over to me!" Jared's first day in the mission his mission president took him to the Alamo and said something like this: "Whoever is willing to commit to serving the Lord for 24 months, cross the line." Jared crossed that line and I am so grateful that he worked with all his might to share the gospel with the people of San Antonio, and that he continues to be a missionary today.We ate a ton of great food while we were there. We recommend Bill Miller's BBQ, the Longhorn Cafe, and Chuy's. I had the best mushroom swiss burger I've ever ate at the Longhorn Cafe (I've been craving mushrooms ever since) and Chuy's is Jared's favorite Tex Mex joint. All of my insides were on fire after eating there.
1 comment:
what a fun trip! so glad you guys got to do that. love that last picture...she's so happy. i love mission stories.
Post a Comment