Sunday, February 24, 2013

18 Months: My big boy now

My handsome boy striking a pose before church :)
18 Month Stats
23.5 pounds 20th percentile
32.5 inches 50th percentile
Sleeping pattern is usually 11 hours at night with a two hour nap during the day ( yes, I'm a lucky mama!).
He can say about 13 words plus some sign language. Which has really helped with communication and we have avoided a lot of tempertantrums because of this.
Going on day 6 of being binkie free! And he has only asked for it twice. For the last few months he was only allowed to have it at night time and if he put one in his mouth during the day we would tell him you don't need a binky. Yucky. And he would take it out of his mouth and throw it on the ground. Then the other day I just told him it got thrown away in the garbage and the garbage truck took it away and he said "ya". That first night I put him to bed and I could hear him looking for it in his crib and then he said "uh-oh". But then I guess he was too tired to care and he fell asleep. He gave it up way easier than I thought he would.
Had his last two booster shots at his 18 month checkup. No more vaccinations until Kindergarten. Yeehaw!
He now has 7 teeth. Two on the bottom and his four front teeth on top and now a top molar that is barely poking through. I think this might be the cause of his poor eating habits this last week. He doesn't want to eat anything. He just plays with his food or throws it. Or maybe he's just the typical toddler who would rather be running around than sitting down to eat. Who knows.

 He is our Mr. Fix It. He insisted on helping scewing the air vent back into the wall after we finished painting.
 He loves playdates. Even though he's not smiling he had a great time with his buddy Bryce.
 He loves racing cars
 And playing with his Little People sets


 He's a big help around the house. He likes to load and unload the dishwasher

 We had a fun Saturday with Papa and Grandma and "Little Blackie". The boys also went 4 wheeling while Mom and I finished painting. Brigs took advantage of Papa needing to sit and elevate his leg and sat next to him and read a lot of books with him :)
 Had to take a pic of Brig's funny sleeping posistions. Knees curled under with bum in the air is his preferred method.
 Watch out! Grandma means business with the paint roller. It was hard keeping up with her :) THANKS MOM! I guess I still need to post pics of the final product...

 "Mom, its cool if I smear yogurt in my hair and all over the table right?"
 "Because I'm a cutie and have you wrapped around my little finger."
 "More berries please!"
 Giddy-up Thunder 1 and 2. Sorry baby Hansen cousin, Thunder 2 might be worn out before you get to use it.
 Little dare-devil. Trick pony. Gotta love this age!
 
Video of Brigs saying "Cheese". He says it now whenever I pull out the camera.

1 comment:

kassidi bridge said...

He is so handsome, and growing like a weed! Love and miss you guys!