I substituted three times this week.
Tuesday: kindergarten aid
Wednesday: high school history teacher
Thursday: music teacher
And next Wednesday: Spanish teacher. Ole!!
I was amazed at how well the kids behaved. I like being in the high school the best. It really is an easy job and I love the schedule. I get to be choosy about which days I work, and if Jared works the night before I get home right about the time he wakes up. Perfect.
I don't think I've written anything about our branch here. There are usually about 20 of us that attend, counting kids!! We only meet for two hours because there is so few of us. How sweet is that?? So, the 2nd hour rotates between Sunday school and combined Relief Society/ Priesthood. During fast and testimony meeting pretty much everyone has to bear their testimonies. This will be good for us. Another quirky thing is when someone is giving their talk they usually get comments, etc. from the congregation. :) Did I mention we meet in a community building? Jared has 3 callings: Branch Clerk, Branch Executive Secretary, and Financial Clerk. It sounds like a lot but with so few of us there isn't much to do. I am the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society. We just love our little "twig". We are really hoping and praying for lots of missionary work while we are here. I think this is one of the main reasons the Lord wants us here.
Jared loves his job. I think everyone in the community really likes him too. When I subbed this week a couple of kids asked me if my husband was the tall nurse with the black and red ZigZag Reebox shoes? LOL
Lenny likes it here too. He likes to watch out the window for deer. If he sees one he will growl. We usually have 2 or 3 deer come through our yard everyday. Can you spot 3 does?
2 comments:
That's fun to teach so many different subjects. I never noticed Jared's shoes...I guess they were always off at my house.
we're glad subbing is going so well and we like Jared's cool shoes too.Looking forward to this weekend so make room in the pool because we're coming in for a cannon ball!!!
Post a Comment