Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Getting Ready for Baby Brig

We have been having way too much fun getting ready for baby Brig's arrival. He is going to be one spoiled baby. Actually, we really haven't had to buy much because people have been so generous with just giving us stuff. Thanks everyone!
Yesterday, Jared set up the crib. Jared's sister, Angie, is done having kids so she gave us her crib, changing table, a large dresser, and a swing. Between her and Heather (Jared's other sister), they managed to fit all of the furniture in their vans (or should I say on top of their van?) and hauled it all the ways from Boise for us. We owe you guys big time! The furniture is solid oak and still in really good condition. I would like to sand it and stain it a darker color though. We are also thinking about painting the baby's room. We haven't decided what color yet. I am very excited about the jogger and car seat. It's a Baby Trend travel system. The car seat straps can be adjusted by a lever (no threading and re-threading to change the height!), and the base can also be tilted to the position you want with a lever. The stroller is equipped with speakers for my ipod so we can listen to tunes while out and about.



 This is the diaper bag I picked out. I just really love giraffes/giraffe print. I think its super cute for baby stuff.
Here's the nursery decor... I just ordered it and can't wait for it to get here. Now that you've seen the nursery theme, any ideas for colors to paint the walls?

Also, we ordered a necklace for Lonia from the R House. The R House is ran by a couple who has done a lot of work to promote adoption. I really enjoy reading their blog here and they also sell custom made jewelery and other gifts for those involved in the adoption process. We are planning on giving this necklace to Lonia as a parting gift (except her necklace has the name Brigham). She is such a wonderful person and I think she will like the necklace.

Now I just need to pack our hospital bag and we will be all set to take off to Utah whenever we need to!

2 comments:

heyjackieday said...

Extra cute stuff Brooke (except it's not going to match very well with the gray/blue/navy quilt...) Oh well. It's super cute, too, and i'm almost done.

matt, camee, tyty, kaylee and jayce said...

brooke!! i am so so so so excited and happy for you!!! you are going to be the most amazing parents! and I agree, he has always been apart of your family!! congrats again, and i can't wait to meet baby brig!!!