At 5 months old, Benson is one happy baby! He loves being in his jumperoo, and thinks I'm his jumperoo anytime we are sitting down together. His other thing he loves is rolling around on the floor. He will get on his tummy and do a "superman" with his arms and legs flailing in the air. It looks like he is swimming. I will try and post a video of it later. He has started doing a lot of baby talk. Gagaga and dadada seem to be his favorites. Everyone always comments on how strong he is. And he is. He is solid. He has a strong grasp and objects when a toy is taken away.
| His swimming superman |
| Benson is a little monkey and loves to play with his feet. He is now too big for this bouncy seat. |
He definitely wanted his life jacket to go swimming in his baby pool.
Action shot of him running and jumping into the pool.
Brig looks forward to the evenings when Daddy reads him books before bed.
Benson got to go on his first hike. We hiked trout creek trail and Benson rode in the back pack for awhile and then in the jogging stroller. Both the boys did great.
Jared had a great Father's day weekend with his new bbq grill and assembling our pergola for the patio. I guess I didn't get a picture of the final product but Jared did a great job putting it together.
Benson enjoys swinging in the swing. He smiles and giggles the whole time.
The boys and I spent a weekend in Fairfield for Happy Jack's birthday. We went fishing a couple of times with Papa, Nana and Aunt Patty. Brig was just as excited digging for worms as he was reeling in the fish.
It was a little windy and rainy but Benson didn't mind too much.
We caught some nice little brown trout in the community pasture.
Brigham found some oreo cookies to snack on while fishing. Aunt Patty had a cute conversation with him. "How many cookies have you eaten Brig?"Brig said confidently, "Zero Tookies (cookies)."
"Have you been sucking on a gopher hole?"
"Yeah!"
Brig says the funniest things. Every morning he comes into our room and yells, "The sun's up! Time to get up!" Then he goes and uses the bathroom. The other morning he came out of the bathroom and told me that he had put his night pull-up in the toilet. I got upset thinking he had flushed it down the toilet. He then said very seriously, "Mama, be patient. I'm a little boy."
We celebrated Happy Jack's birthday at Justin and Rickell's house. Grandpa was looking good and got a kick out of Brigham. He pulled Brig up on to his lap to help him blow out the candles on the cake.
Jared, Ryan, and Alan B. did a mountain bike race in Pocatello together. We stayed home but we were sure proud of Dad when he came home!
One morning Bens bounced himself to sleep....It's been really fun watching the boys interact more with each other. Benson gets upset if he can hear Brigham in the other room but he can't see him. Lately, they've enjoyed rolling around on the floor together, which is Benson's favorite pastime. He is going to be crawling soon, no doubt.
Last weekend we went to the Collin's family reunion at Camp Cumorah outside of Idaho Falls. They have a great pond for canoeing and a big lodge for gatherings. I was a little nervous going camping with Benson but he turned out to be a happy camper. He slept 8 hours straight both nights, even though it got down to 48 degrees.
| Jared canoeing with Brig and cousin Jacob |
Benson with the woman who started it all, Great Grandma Collins. I just LOVE that their hair is the exact same color!
Grams is just tickled to have a fellow ginger for a grandson!
| Here's some of the wild and crazy boy cousins. This is only 7 of the 30 great grandSONS. There are a lot of boys! |
| Brig, Lonia, and Trey |
| Brig and Trey playing at the splash park |
| Brig, Trey, Lonia, Tuesdee and Eric |
| Silly faces! |

1 comment:
LOVED the picture of you and Bens in his Snugli. Also of Grandpa's big grin with dimples on his birthday. I'm jealous of the hiking pack. I tried to pick one up at a garage sale and the gal was all bugged at me for offering $10 because she paid $200. I guess hiking can be an expensive hobby.
Post a Comment