Oh, Benson is a fun boy at age two! Some things about our sweet and happy boy: I will often see him singing and dancing by himself. He thinks it's so funny to combine songs- his favorite right now is the ABC/ Twinkle Twinkle Little Star mashup. He idolizes his big brother and wants to do everything he does-even wear the same clothes and sit on the potty. I'm not sure that I am ready for that adventure yet, but he thinks he is. He still likes to suck on his silk lovies to fall asleep. Some of his favorite activities right now are reading books, playing with play-dough, coloring, puzzles, emptying the bench that holds our shoes and hats and gloves, and playing with his farm animals. He talks all the time and I think he may have a photographic memory.
On his big day the boys woke up to a balloon drop that Dad made the night before. We then made farm animal cupcakes and ate them with cherry ice cream and opened presents. We also went to the Kidcity museum in Middletown. The boys had a great time exploring all of the hands on exhibits. They liked shooting the cross bows the best in the dark ages castle. Happy birthday Benson, we sure love you!
 |
| balloon drop |
 |
| our budding artist |
 |
| "I'm an astornaut!" |
 |
| Benson is a little afraid of fire and did NOT like the candles. |
 |
| Teeter totter at Kid City |
We've had two big snow storms lately. This is after the first storm when the snow wasn't very good for snowman making.
We all went and watched a ball game at CCSU. They have the worst team in the conference so the boys took some selfies to stay entertained.
The second snow storm took everyone by surprise with 8 inches of wet, heavy snow. Lots of tree branches broke and I was worried about the power lines but they held. However, the snow storm ruined our travel plans while Papa choo choo and grandma were visiting. We were planning on going to Boston and Rhode Island but we got snowed in.
I didn't manage to take pictures of Papa and grandma while they were with us. I did snap this one of Brig falling asleep while we were waiting for our dinner at the Cheesecake factory. He was coming down with a cold and was asleep by 630 two nights in a row.
 |
| Benson putting on socks all by himself. He loves changing clothes. |
We had a fun night at an indoor trampoline place. The boys liked shooting hoops and jumping in the foam pit the best.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Benson! Sweet cupcakes. You're getting so big. WE miss you guys!!!!!
Post a Comment