I meant to post this a couple months ago, but here are some things I want to remember about Benson at this fun age. I have really enjoyed spending more one on one time with Benson while Brig is in school. He is always so sweet and is good about going on errands with me. He is my cuddler and loves to kiss me on the cheek and put his forehead on mine. He is completely potty trained, HOORAY! He did it all on his own, easiest parenting experience so far. I think it helped to have an older brother to encourage him, and Benson is a little bit of a perfectionist. He likes things a particular way and sometimes I ruin his morning for giving him the red cup instead of the blue cup, or I accidentally bump one of his toys that he has lined up in a perfectly straight line. He is pushing for independence and tries to do everything himself. Which sometimes is very helpful, but more often than not, makes us late places. He can get dressed all by himself, including his socks and shoes. He is a lot less dependent on his "lovies" and can fall asleep now without sucking on the silky binding. They are slowly disappearing, thankfully. He loves listening to music, reading books, coloring, and playing with play dough. He tells everyone that he is "free" years old.
I asked Benson some questions today. Couldn't quite get straight answers out of him. Haha
How old are you? "Free, like you."
What do you like to eat? "Bugs."
What is your favorite show? "The puppy show. Paw Patrol."
What is your favorite animal? "We saw elephants at the zoo before."
What is your favorite drink? "Animals don't drink water."
Who is your hero? "Ninja turtles."
What is your favorite scripture story? "Poopy." Let's try that again. What story Daddy tells you from the scriptures is your favorite? "Samuel the 'mema-nite.'"
What is your favorite song to sing? "I love them!" Can you sing one for me? "I am a child of God..."
What does Daddy say? "Noah builds the ark."
What does Mama say? "She says eyebrows."
He is a funny boy and will do anything for a laugh.
The boys sharing with us their scripture hero.
No comments:
Post a Comment