Sunday, February 24, 2019

Benson Turns 5!

 This amazing kid turned 5! He looked forward to turning 5 for a long time. He would make comments like, "Mom, when I'm five I'm not going to cry anymore." And "When I'm five I'm going to be really tall!" Benson has grown a lot this year. He and Brig are only one size difference in clothing. He has learned so much at pre-school and is looking forward to Kindergarten (most of the time, haha). He was one brave boy when he had to get his booster shot for Kindergarten. We waited for his turn at the clinic and watched kid after kid walk out crying and upset. When it was his turn he didn't even flinch or squeeze my hand! Benson is still our little artist. He spends a good part of his day drawing and creating things out of paper, cardboard, tape etc. He also loves legos, play-doh, music, and of course animals. I will often hear him singing a song word for word- he has an incredible memory and vocabulary. Just the other day I was driving him and his friend Brooklynn to preschool and listened to him correct Brooklynn on how to say mouse in the plural form...He is quite particular. He is a really good brother and is looking forward to becoming a big brother.
We celebrated his birthday a couple days early while at Disneyland. He got to wear a big birthday pin and his face lit up every time a Disney worker wished him a happy birthday (which was just about every ride.) When we got home we had a small family birthday party. He requested Star Wars decorations just like Brig had for his party and he wanted a chocolate cake with red frosting, sprinkles, berries and whipped cream on top. Easy enough! WE love you Benson, and can't wait to watch you have another great year!


















No comments: