
Isn't it beautiful? Jared and I went to the open house last Friday with my friend Elly and her little boy Luke. All temples are beautiful of course but I really liked the painted panoramas of mountain scenes in the ordinance rooms (one of them is of the Draper's Corner Canyon and its view of the Salt Lake Valley), and also the wood that was imported from Africa that is throughout the temple. If you have the chance I highly recommend a tour! Anyone can go to the open house and you can reserve a spot online at http://www.lds.org/reservations/0,10751,1619-1-501,00.html.
I just wanna say how thankful I am for the privilege to have these
temples here on the earth so we can learn, make covenants to serve our Lord and neighbors, be sealed as an eternal family, and do ordinances for our beloved ancestors. What a great blessing!
2 comments:
That is absolutely beautiful! Ryan and I need to go to that open house! Its not much longer is it!!? That is awesome that you guys went, and it was good seeing you guys at the chinese new years party! =) we should all get together again!
Thanks for the update and picture of the Draper Temple. My dad was talking about it after he went through, but I appreciate your description. It looks beautiful. Make sure to take advantage of nearby temples. I wished I'd gone through more when I was in Utah. It's so much harder now living in MT and with Jax. We're so blessed to have so many temples. I love the feeling of peace you can always find inside one.
Your Cancun trip looks awesome. The picture of your feet in the water is classic. You should do a black and white of it and blow it up for your house so you always remember that cool vacation. (that's what I'd do anyway) I love to remember fun trips, especially when it's freezing and dreary outside ;)
Post a Comment