- My favorite part was helping my supervisor teach child seat classes for underserved women. Most of these women were refugees from other countries and were so grateful to learn and to receive a car seat.
- I collected data and designed a lot of materials for the county website on injury prevention (like poison prevention, bike safety etc.). None of it is posted on there yet but sometime soon.
- I got to help organize the annual "Walk to School Day" that is coming up in October. Its a great way to get kids to exercise and have safer communities so they can walk to school.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Finished!
This week I completed my internship with the DeKalb County Health Department with over 200 hours put in. It feels great. Wahoo! Like most interns I didn't get to do a ton of things but let me mention some highlights:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice work Brooke! That must feel so great to be done for the summer! Miss ya!
Post a Comment