Monday, June 8, 2009

Long Island

As many of you already know, we have moved to Long Island for the rest of the summer. I was a little shell shocked at the idea of living so close to NYC at first but it's not at all like I was expecting. The area is very suburbanish and spread out. Our apartments are in Bellport which is just south of Medford on the map above. We are about an hour from NYC. My brother Jake said Jared planned it this way so he could watch the yankees play. LOL. Yes we will be going to a game or two. And yes I get to continue my internship with the health department via long distance-so that is quite a blessing. Here are some pics of our first week here:
Here is our cute townhouse we get to live in while we are here. It has two bedrooms and two baths so plenty of room for visitors! Hint hint:)
This is the view outside our bedroom window. Very pretty minus the only mountain on Long Island, aka giant landfill. Everyday I watch dump trucks unload tons of garbage up there. Crazy.
We took a trip to Cedar Beach on the South shore of LI. The sand was so soft! The water was cold but that didn't stop Jared and our friend Daniel Bridge. We had a good time digging up sand crabs. Man they dig fast!
This is a good look for you Daniel.
The boys dug a hole that was at least 4 feet deep by 6 feet. So I buried them in it. Ha
The Atlanta temple. We will miss Atlanta but we are looking foward to a fun summer here!

6 comments:

KeNzIE said...

So fun Brooke! What an exciting time in your guy's life right now!
P.S i haven't seen Daniel since probably his Senior year in track! Tell him hi for me!

Brandon Bridge said...

Cute pictures. Miss you guys a ton.

Elly May said...

i laughed out loud when I saw that picture of DAniel with the shells. Lol. And with them buried. Good job Brookie!

KeNzIE said...

Brooke, so i was at school the other day and i looked out in the waiting area and there was Duke! I about died, he just walked in for a scalp treatment! haha It was fun seeing him again, he was flirting it up with a girl named Julie...you'll have to tease him about it ;)

Brooke and Jared said...

That doesn't surprise me. He's such a flirt =)

Myleka and Chris said...

oh my gosh Jared and Daniel buried is so funny now i want nothing more then to go to the beach.