How do I describe these special events in a way that you will understand how happy they make us? One year ago, we were unsure of our future of being parents to more than one child. We decided to finish up the adoption application papers and wait to see what would happen. Little did we know that we would soon be blessed with a little bright-eyed, red haired boy. We anxiously awaited the day that we could go to the temple together. On Saturday, August 23rd, Benson was sealed to our family in the Billings, MT temple. It was a very rainy day but we had lots of family and friends travel there to see us. There was nothing better than kneeling across the alter from Jared and watching our sons be brought into the sealing room. Benson was wearing his white suit and was given to Grandma W. so she could hold him at the alter. Brig walked reverently into the room and smiled at us and sat next to Grandma H. Brother Carpenter from our ward performed the sealing. And of course I cried a lot. Benson gave me the biggest smile and loved looking up at the beautiful chandelier. Then we stood up and looked into the mirrors together.
The second verse of "I Love to see the Temple" has special meaning to us:
I love to see the temple
I'll go inside someday
I'll covenant with my Father
I'll promise to obey
for the temple is a holy place
where we are sealed together
as a child of God
I've learned this truth
a family is forever!

Afterwards, our large group went out to eat at the Golden Corral. Here is Grandpa Ray Weishaar and Jared's Aunt Val.
I tried doing a 4 generation picture but it was nearly impossible trying to get all of them to look at the camera at once!
The following day Benson was blessed in church by Jared. Those in the circle were Grandpa H, Grandpa W, Jake, Dylan, great grandpa Heagy, Mark Schoenfeld, Nate Winward, and Chad Guymon. It was a short but sweet blessing because Benson was so squirmy and sat up and tried to escape! Benson, you have a bright future ahead of you with lots of people here to love and support you!










.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment